This question just came in. Sports bras work by compressing your chest but when there’s a lot of weight on your chest, this compression can actually makes it a lot harder to breath.
I need some workout advice. I am a 32DDD but when I get regular sports bras they don’t really help and it’s uncomfortable to run. I invested in a good quality sports bra from Nike and I felt like it was going to work great-until I started running. I felt like I couldn’t breathe properly and it was causing a lot of pain. I tried loosening it but it didn’t help, and the next size up was too big for my waist size but was perfect for my bust size… so what do I do? Should I go back to the old bras?
You’ve got a bit of a catch-22. You shouldn’t be in that much pain, especially in a good quality bra. If you can, try to get a different bra that you’re able to try out in the store. In the meantime, you may want to try exercises that are lower impact, like swimming or yoga.
Any other advice (expand notes for responses)?
- lapluspetitechaussette likes this
- littlecoffeecakes answered: I have no idea if this would work, but a friend of mine wears like four bras when she had to run and it seemed to work okay. But. FOUR BRAS.
- opaul answered: I recommend going to a specialty sports store and looking for a bra there. I got one at Dicks with some really cool stitching .
- chickie-buffer answered: lululemon tatatamer
- aiffe answered: Same size here. Just don’t wear a bra. Yes, they will bounce. But you will be able to breathe.
- majoradhd answered: Instead of sports bras, I suggest what’s known as a ‘bombshell’ These bras cup much better than any other, and I can run in them without pain
- djsailorc answered: As funny as this sounds, I’d suggest the old die-hard from the Star Wars days: Duct Tape. You won’t move, but you should be able to breathe.
- pinupvalentine answered: I am a 32GG and have had EXTREMELY great success with a UK company called Shock Absorber, their sports bras are great!
- slutclaw answered: I’m the same size as you, and I have always had the same problem. Solution: 2 bras. 1 full coverage/underwire/supportive,1 sports bra ontop
- beccasetsfire answered: I actually had an incident of nearly passing out from wearing 3 sports bras. I think it comes down to working out the right combo for you.
- artisticoctupus answered: I’m size 34DD — I own the “Freya Active” which they sell at intimacy. It doesn’t compress but it still supports. It’s great.
- supermegachouettefantastique answered: I’m the same size and I love this bra! www.movi…
- confusediscodeforilikegirlstoo answered: I wear a supportive soft cup under my sports bra. I know they say they can do the job, but I find them to be liars. Hope this helps.
- pbandjae answered: There are a couple places I have been online that have sportsbras with an underwire so they lift up off your ribs a bit?
- eleanorraegrace answered: Try enell sports bras. I love mine. I usually wear a sports bra underneath, then the enell over top. I’m a rugby player and that works well.
- thescienceofstyle answered: Shock Absorber - the HIGHEST impact one (which is D)
- ballhalla likes this
- kkbday answered: I’m a 42DD and I wear two bras when I used to run. I would wear a regular bra and a tighter sports bra on top. That helped.
- chaosandorderinastrangeworld answered: I was just going through my tumblr pages like usual and I stumbled a pone this wonderful place and as soon as I read one comic I was sold.
- rosiekaposie reblogged this from bustygirlcomics and added:
- wanderingselkie answered: Herroom.com. IT IS GOD.
- elle-est-aimee answered: It may not end up doing anything, but maybe push ups may help naturally reduce the size of your breast, since they lie on your pecs?
- paradoxismminant answered: there are some companies that make good sports bras that are encapasculation rather than compression. Freya, Panache, and I think Royce do it
- surferartchick answered: I don’t run because of my back, but I can tell you that if you walk at an incline you’ll burn just as much calories.
- jodyb answered: Specialty bra. Mine has under wire and grandma straps… it works like a charm and does not give me ‘uni-boob’. Wear it day -to-day, too.
- smilingaradia answered: I like Shock Absorber. They come in cup sizes, so they fit way better. But the band runs a whole size tight, so order up one band size!